Monday, July 24, 2006

Stress?

How bad is the stress in your life? A friend asked me yesterday if there was anything I had dreaded more than anything. Lately it has beeng going to work. I am in a job I would enjoy if I could just do my job and go home. But I can't get my job done for more work piling up on my desk. On top of that I have meetings to attend, phone calls to make, and people to appease. Then there are the performance reviews, meetings about the performance reviews, and on top of that people are leaving for "greener pastures" and we are stuck with their work. Yes, I dread coming to work. But one of these days our sole responsibility will be to be at feet of Jesus singing praise songs to Him. So, until that time, I will continue to get up and come to the job God has blessed me with, I will praise Him for allowing me this job, and I will look forward to the future.

2 comments:

Just_da_clay said...

God has you in that job for a reason. Perhaps to be a light so some one there or inspire me! Thanks for that one. I too have been dreading going back to work. I love what Dr. Millers said once, when asked a teacher said she was a follower of Christ cleaverly disguised as a teacher. I like that it can apply to your job too!

Carrie said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement!