Monday, July 03, 2006

My Personal Prayer

Luke 11:2

"...Thy will be done...."

It's not about me. It's about Him. It's not about what I want, but about what He wants for my life. It's very hard to "let go and let God" but that is what we are to do. It is His will for our lives that matters, not ours. I found myself sitting and thinking tonight about that very thing. When we pray we so often ask for the specifics of what we want. Psalm 37:4 says "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." This doesn't mean that just because we pray and ask for a specific we get it. No, it must still be of His will for us. Garth Brooks sang the song "Unanswered Prayers." That is so wrong. God answers all of our prayers. He may not answer them in the way we as humans want them answered, but He answers them according to His will. After all, it is the only good and perfect way for our life to be led. I am praying for God's will for myself and for all of my friends. It's the only way to live life and know that it is being lived to the fullest.

No comments: