Saturday, August 05, 2006

A Wild Night

Friday night I went home to spend the night with my best friend from high school, CJ, so that we could have a yard sale on Saturday. By the time CJ and I connected it was past 11:00 due to different obligations on both of our parts. We started talking as she did various chores around her house (and her husband and baby slept!) We talked our way into her room as she folded laundry and I quickly snuggled into the overstuffed chair in the corner of her bedroom. When she finished folding laundry we continued our conversation. At a quarter to 4 we decided we should probably go to bed, but we needed to determine our plan of action for the yard sale. We somehow got distracted onto a different topic so at 5:00 AM we decided to go eat. Did you know that at 5:00 AM there is a hostess and a chef working at Perkins? That's it. We had the whole restaraunt to ourselves. It was so nice. We ate then went home. I took a 10 minute power nap while CJ did some more laundry then we proceeded with setting up our yard sale. I am thankful that after all these years CJ and I can still spend this time together. We're going to try to do it more often so we don't have to spend the whole night catching up though!

No comments: