Thursday, August 24, 2006

Mr. Nice Guy.... NOT!


I have a friend, P, who I always thought was one of the nicest guys I had ever met. He appears quiet and reserved upon meeting him. Once you get to know him he has a quick sense of humor and is much fun to be around. I always thought he was the type of person who would never hurt a fly, more or less a human. However, it has come to my attention (as well as Brown Sugar, Tryphena, and JT) that this is not the case. On Wednesday nights (after churhc and walking), a group of us meet at a local tennis court to play a friendly game of doubles. Last Wednesday night P and I were playing doubles against Brown Sugar and Tryphena. Out of nowhere, P slams the ball across the net and hits Brown Sugar in the stomach (appendix area.) SMACK! You could hear it from the back of the court where I was hanging out. That was aggression #1. P apologized and we thought all was well in the world and that it was an innocent mistake. However, after the tennis match last night I'm not sure we all feel the same way. Brown Sugar and I were playing doubles against P and JT. P was serving to Brown Sugar. Suddenly the ball is headed straight for me, not Brown Sugar (as it should have been.) Needless to say, my reaction time was not good so I got nailed in the thigh. Aggression #2. P, you get one more chance. If you hit someone next week, I'm afraid we're going to have to take you down with our rackets. I still consider P a nice guy....just not on the tennis court.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I will address Brown Sugar and her incredible aim in another post. Fortunately no one got hurt (thought it was an equally hilarious event.)

P said...

I'm not doing it on purpose!