Wednesday, August 23, 2006

An Easy Button

Do you ever wish life had an easy button? You could just push it like they do in the commercials and everything would be all better. Sick people would be healed, hurting people would be relieved of their hurt and those who hurt them, lonely people would surrounded by others, and so on. As I look back over the last few years of my life I realize they haven't been what most people would call easy. Granted, life has not dealt me of my family as many hard times as some have. We have been blessed to have food on our table and shelter over our heads. We have been warm during the winter and blessed to be able to turn the A/C on during the summer. However, the loss of loved ones and dealing with the news of Alzheimers has hit me and my family hard. It is during those times that you wish you could hit your easy button and just make it all better. But that is not God's plan for our life. Suffering draws us closer to Him. As hard as it is to go through these life events, I can't imagine what it must be like for someone who does not believe in Him. By turning our pain and suffering over to Him, He surrounds us with a love that is unexplainable and completely amazing. He wraps His arms around us, and though we cannot see Him, we know He is there. So, if having an easy button meant giving that up, I'll take the pain and suffering any day. After all, none of us have it as bad as Job did.

2 comments:

Just_da_clay said...

So true and none of has ever had it as hard as Jesus on the Cross. Thanks for your sweet call.

Jenny said...

Yep! An "easy" button would be a quick fix but I'm like you...I'll take the pain and suffering if it means I'm in God's will and growing closer to Him. I like too what "just da clay" wrote about Jesus on the Cross...so true! Thanks for the post!! I enjoy reading your blog!


Jenny,
www.homeschoolblogger.com/jdoriot