Monday, August 14, 2006

Something to Think About

Well, we made it back from Memphis is much less time than it took us to get there. We dropped K off in Nashville for a conference and then A and I headed home. Lots to do today so I want to leave you with a quote to think about. Maybe I'll blog on it more later, but just read it and think about it.

“There is a direct relationship between expectation and disappointment, and much of our disappointment in relationships is not because people have actually wronged us, but because they have failed to meet our expectations." -- Paul Tripp

4 comments:

PL said...

True

DCG said...

But then, there are those rare times that our expectations can't even begin to encompass reality as it outpaces and overpowers anything and everything expected...

Judi said...

So true....so true.

Betsy said...

This is such a true statement. In many cases, I have set my expectations too high, only to be severly disappointed. I wouldn't say that I've learned to lower my expectations but to be more realistic as to where to set the bar.