Friday, August 11, 2006

Patience


The end of a matter is better than its beginning,
and patience is better than pride.

Ecclesiastes 7:8

I am praying for patience in my life. I know, I know. Everyone always says, "don't pray for patience" because you'll get it. I am usually a patient person. I don't mind waiting at red lights for the most part (except the one exiting the interstate to Emory at 11:00 PM. It takes forever.) It irritates me when people are late, but I'm usually the one who is late. As of late I have become very unsettled about some issues and realize that I can't just make them go away with the blink of eye or the snap of a finger or by just saying I want them resolved. So I guess I am praying for specific patience. But I know I'll still catch every red light on the way home today. And I'm ok with that.

No comments: