Thursday, August 24, 2006

My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine ?????

I'm hopping mad. Pluto is no longer a planet? Is this a conspiracy by the textbook companies to make money because all science books will have to be rewritten to remove Pluto from the line-up of planets? And what to do with the catchy little jingle that students all over the place have learned their planets by? Not to mention Pluto was my favorite. Just a tiny little planet hanging out in the middle of nowhere, minding its own business, when a bunch of astonomers in Prague (they were probably not in their sober minds when decidint this!) have taken away its right to be a planet. Poor little Pluto. I mean, it's tough enough being the smallest planet, but to now be in the genre "dwarf planets." Kick a planet while it's down. I think I will rebel and continue to think of it as a planet. And that will be my tribute to Pluto.

No comments: