Thursday, May 14, 2009

Not All Habits Are Bad Habits

The below email just went out to this friend:

And then tonight I went with my mother and niece to the grocery store.  As has become my obsession I went down the toothpaste aisle expecting to once again be disappointed as some stores do not even carry Kiss Me Mint in the old fashioned tubes.  I have this fear the flavor has become discontinued.  But I digress.  Back to the grocery store.  I went down the aisle and low and behold they had the flavor.  And they had the GOOD STAND UP BOTTLES!  Not one, not two, not three, but SIX.  So I said "[Doodlebug], get over here and hold these."  I handed her three.  I then grabbed the other three.  She said "Carrie, you're buying them all."  "Yes, [Doodlebug], I am."  So I proceeded to the self-checkout so as to preserve some of my dignity and not let the cashier think I had a dental problem or was serving toothpaste pie for dessert tonight.  So I can gradually mail them to you over the next two years or until they run out.  However, do not think I will be stopping  my toothpaste obsession just because I hit what I consider the motherload of Kiss Me Mint toothpaste.  I will keep fighting the good fight and buying it all up as I find it.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You crack me up!