Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hope Garden

I have never been huge on name brands and material things.  However, I am willing to pay full price for an outfit in a name brand store because to me time is money and if I can buy the outfit and be done in 10 minutes it is more cost effective to me than spending 4 hours looking for that great dress that is 60-80% off on the sale rack.  With those 4 hours I could read a book, lay in my  hammock, read a book laying in my hammock, or go to the beach.  That said, I have a new addiction to something that costs money.  It's the new Hope Garden collection from Vera Bradley.  Up until 3 years ago I had never even owned a Vera Bradley purse because I didn't see the point in spending that much money on something I would rarely carry.  However, I splurged on a purse in this pattern before Shanle's wedding because I loved the pattern and it matched our bridesmaid dresses.  And matching just seemed like a good idea.  That was 3 years ago.  That bag and I have been through a lot together.  A couple of months ago I decided I needed a new purse and stumbled across this one:

And that leads me to my new obsession.  I want everything in this pattern.  Ok, not everything because I really don't need 14 different purses.  However, I would like to have some more pieces of this collection.  So, don't be surprised in the next few weeks if you see me sporting some additional items in the lovely Hope Garden pattern.  It's my new obsession. 

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I have gone through phases over the past few years of loving Vera Bradley and being over it. At the moment I am not carrying one of the VB purses but I agree completely... LOVE this pattern! We have a VB store here and I may have to pick up some notebooks or something in this pattern even if I don't get a bag in it.

Stephanie said...

I am completely addicted to Vera Bradley bags. I've been carrying them since freshman year of college.

They last forever!