Thursday, August 26, 2010

Saying No to Starting Over

I had a call this week about a possible job opportunity. Well, actually I first heard about it last week. The job would be with my same company, but when I first heard about it the idea is that it would be part time for another client. That was attractive to me based on my current situation. Then I found out it would be full time at the other company and would involved relocation in about 6 months. So tonight I said "no." Mainly because I don't want to start over again in 6 months. I don't want to have to pack up my life, sell another house (at a loss), and rebuild my life by myself again. In 6 months I may have no job, but I will have friends who care about me and a life that is somewhat familiar to me. And if I'm going to start over, I want it to be surrounded by people who know me and love me, not the other way around. I don't want to start over again knowing no one and having to rebuild my life from scratch. So for now I'm saying "no." I'm doing this for me, and not for the financial security I may be turning down. But I know one thing for sure, if I had said "yes" it would have been because of my desire to follow some worldy idea of what is right and secure and not because of Him. And that would have been the wrong reason. And this gives me peace.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I have been praying for you since Tuesday night. I'm so glad to see that God gave you the discernment and peace in making this decision. I'm also thrilled that you will be staying in Charleston with your River Church Family. We love you!! :)