Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hodge Podge

I'm over the rainy season. And by the rainy season I'm referring to the Summer months where it rains from 6-8 on weekend days so that you either get soaked going about your evening plans or your evening plans get cancelled. I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I am ready for FALL!
-----------------------------------------------
Last night I played a two person card game over the phone with a friend. The mental aspect of it was a little much for me on a Friday evening, but it was quite entertaining.
-----------------------------------------------
A friend texted me that she is engaged. Yeah for young love. I truly hope she enjoys this season of life and that God will bless them as they start planning a life together.
-----------------------------------------------
This coming Friday night I get to go on a harbor cruise of Charleston. So excited because I've been wanting to do another one for a few months and have the opportunity to as a thank you from work for the latest project we completed.
-----------------------------------------------
Saturday morning I will head home to see my Granny, I hope. Her health is deteriorating and we really don't know how long she will live. It's so hard because she doesn't remember us anymore due to the Alzheimers and yet she's still my Granny and I miss her. The hardest part of moving away was leaving my family. I miss them a lot and wish it were easier to see them more often.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I hope you enjoy your harbor cruise. Sounds like fun!

My prayers are with your grandmother and your family. I am sure this is a difficult time for all of you.