Thursday, June 15, 2006

Oh To Be Good At Something


I had the pleasure of spending some time with my Aunt S and Cousin D at a ballgame last night. It is times like this that you truly realize how wonderful your family is at being great. D plays baseball for Emory and Henry college. Go Wasps! So, as we were watching the game and recounting memories of baseball games played over the years by Cousin D, I learned how truly great he is. We have always been told in life to pick something we are good at and excel in that. You know the old saying, "find something you love and you'll never work a day in your life." Well, I'm not sure Cousin D interpreted that correctly. I learned last night that my one single solitary male 1st cousin holds the record in the ODAC for most batters hit with a pitch. Yes, you read that correctly, my cousin has hit more batters with his pitching than any other pitcher in the conference. I think we need to tell him going forward to find something he's good at that does not harm others or hinder his team and excel in that! But, hats off to D, at least he's good at something.

No comments: