Friday, January 26, 2007

A Crazy Week

Well, it's been a week since my last post. And what a week it has been. I tried to start off the week with a positive attitude, but there is just so much negative it is hard to maintain it. Work keeps getting worse and worse. Since January 1, we have lost 4 people from our team. Guess what that means? You got it, more work for the rest of us. And yes, the rest of us are the people they didn't like enough to keep in the first place. Oh well. I will persevere. God has already laid out the path of my future and He will guide me in the way I should go.

I guess the funny spot of the week is I worked a popcorn stand for the Cheetah Girls concert on Tuesday night. I have never seen so much cheetah print in all of my life. And some of these little girls were very decked out. Even some moms! I would not be a cool mom when it comes to these things. I think it is because my mom never did these things with us and I think we turned out normal (of course, what is normal.) We'll see which is better: the Cheetah Girls or the Monster Truck show I have to work at tomorrow night. Hmmm....

I have been blessed by getting to spend time with good friends this week. H and I hung out Monday night and worked on our various cross-stitch projects. J and I had our monthly "date" night last night. We went to Mimi's Cafe. The food was really good, but I would have to say the service was lacking. We had an appetizer of zucchini sticks and then we both had different pasta dishes for our main course. I had jumbo spinich tortellini in an asiago cheese sauce. Very tasty. Tonight I will be going with my friends A & E (isn't that cool) to Regas. It has ranked high on mine and J's list of good restaurants in this city. Definitely leans toward "pinky up", but good just the same. And not unreasonable priced.

So, until I come up with more random thoughts for you, TTFN.

1 comment:

Just_da_clay said...

Good friend are a gift from the Lord! Hang in there at work. Remember people are watching you to see how you will react to stuff. God is in control and he will bless you for your faithfulness to him.