Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Children Need You!


On Sunday, January 28, Children's Hospital will do their annual Children's Miracle Network Telethon. I hope that you will pray about making a donation to this hospital. They did so much for my family and others. In fact, it was the night of last year's telethon that I met Gus's sweet family. Both Gus and Emma got TV time that day! And while Gus and Emma are now healed in heaven, it is because it was God's choice to take them home, not a lack of care on the hospitals part. Children's saw my cousin through a serious infection when he was in primary school. He's now a healthy (though very skinny!) 22 year-old college freshman. My dear friend, A's, nephew also spends time there receiving treatments for his CF. (I'll be writing more on him in an upcoming post.) It's very easy to make a donation, and through you all children who go there will receive the best and most up-to-date care. If you wish to donate, please click here or watch WBIR on Sunday afternoon/evening on January 28 for the phone number to call in and donate. And remember, most companies will match gifts over a certain amount!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's that time of year again...it's earlier this year, right? It seems like a gazillion years ago that we all were sitting there in the waiting room outside the NICU!

Carrie said...

Yes, it seemed earlier to me as well because I know J could hold Emma by the time the telethon came around. I'm hoping to volunteer but it snuck up on me so we'll see.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I have moved Gus' Gang to a new address. I haven't figured how to use tags in comments yet so I'm going to be lazy and just give the whole url... www.gusgang.blogspot.com