Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Wanted - Shelley Shepard Gray

I had the privilege of reading Wanted during my Christmas break.  The main character, Katie Brenneman, is approached by widower Jonathan Lundy to watch his children while his sister goes to visit her beau in another city.  The children, scarred by the death of their mother and not having a consistent "mother figure" in their life, take time to warm up to Katie.  However, Katie perseveres and attempts to make their house a home for them, teaching them important tasks and devoting herself to them.  During this time, Katie's past comes back to haunt her from her time during her Rumspinga (running around years).  Katie must make a choice: does she return to her past or continue with this new life she is creating?  Will Katie and Jonathan grow closer or will he continue to harbor feelings for his first wife?

If you enjoy reading fiction books (especially about the Amish) then I encourage you to try this series by Shelley Shepard Gray.  This was the first book I had read of hers and I enjoyed it a lot.  I need to go buy the first book now so I can feel caught up.  I look forward to reading more books by Shelley in the future.

If you would like to buy it, you can do so at Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0061474460

No comments: