Sunday, August 24, 2008

She Gets Me

If you sit and reflect on your life, they say if you have 5 great friends you are blessed. I mentioned some of my peeps who get me in my top 200 post. And I've learned that you don't take these people for granted. Last night I was hanging out with some friends and acquaintances (and when does a person go from acquaintance to friend?) I realized that my friend here who gets me and I spend a lot of time together. So much so that people think we are roommates. And I kinda felt guilty because we have all of these inside jokes that the people around us don't know and don't get. But then I realized that she will be leaving me soon. She's going to work for an amazing company on the other side of the world. And I'm gonna miss her like mad. So if people get annoyed that we have so much in common, spend so much time together, and have all these inside jokes then they can get over it because I'm gonna be selfish with her time while I have her here. But I also know that when she comes back in two years she'll still get me. Just like Arynda gets me. And Shanle gets me. And no amount of time or distance can change that.



(To protect her in the job she will be doing and where she is going her name can never be disclosed on this blog.)

No comments: