Saturday, August 30, 2008

Random Thoughts by Me

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."--Mark Twain

I ran across this quote this morning. I had read it recently and then saw it again this morning and it really spoke to me as it is how I wish my mind would work lately. However, my mind has not been going in that direction. I've been doubting my decisions. Thinking I shouldn't do certain things as they would be "the final nail in the coffin" so to say. However, so long as I feel God is in what I am doing, I shouldn't sit around and wait. Because in 20 years I will look back and fuss at myself and say "why didn't I do that." For instance, I'm glad I went to Europe this Summer. And it was a super-cool trip. However, I think I would have more emotions toward the trip had I backed out and not gone. Sad concept. So, I'm really going to pray that God will provide me the courage to do those things I have doubts about so long as they are in His will for my life.

No comments: