Sunday, August 03, 2008

I'm Over It

So, I'm over posting about death. This will hopefully (and prayerfully) be my last post like this for a while.

My mom called me this last Monday to say my uncle had been killed in a work accident. So, in less than 10 minutes my out-of-office was on, my bag was packed, and I was headed out the door to finish everything in this town to start the long drive home. Mom called me at 2:30 and I was back in East TN by 9:30. Praise the Lord I did not encounter any traffic even though I should have been driving through Columbia during rush hour. God is good. My uncle was only 49. We just don't know when our last days will be. While death is always tragic my uncle passed away on my dad's birthday. It was also 2 years and 1 day after Emma died. I told my dad we are moving his birthday to another month because I'm tired of him having such rotten birthdays. January 16 sounds good. No, then he'd have to share with me and I'm not crazy about sharing my birthday. He can have January 17. I have also told the funeral director (a family friend) and an in-law of one of my aunts that I am tired of seeing them. So next time I go home I'm inviting them over for dinner so I can say I have seen them outside of a funeral. It's so sad that funerals are the only time people make to get together. And I am as guilty of this as any other.

My week consisted of running errands for my aunt (personal shopper) and my mom. I also got to grandparent-sit. Both of my grandparents have dementia/alzheimers so it is always entertaining to be there. I love to listen to them tell the other how much they love each other. They never used to do this. It is sweet to me though. I know they won't be around forever but I'll at least have these sweet memories to remember them by.

So I feel like I just rambled. But I need that. I think I'm going to start using this blog as my personal journal. Feel free to read and comment. But know that if you are offended I will not take back what I say. I will post my feelings and thoughts and that is the perk to being me...RandomCarrie.

No comments: