Friday, October 12, 2007

Doodlebug is 5

Craziness fell upon my sister's home last weekend as my niece turned the ever-important age of 5. For the party this year she decided to go with a cowgirl theme. However, the festivities started on Friday with me taking cupcakes to her school for her classmates to enjoy.

On Saturday it was cowgirl all the way! I showed up a little early to add the ever important french-braid pigtails to the cowgirl outfit. Here is the final product. Unfortunately Doodlebug is not camera friendly, so since I was trying to do a black and white and just pick up the pink, I didn't get a real picture of her outfit. But at least you get to see her lovely smile instead of her "rolling my eyes and glaring at you for trying to take my picture for the 15,000th time today" look.


Horseback rides were available for the children. Only for my niece would I climb upon a large animal and be led around a field. Not my cup-o-tea. But the things we will do for the little ones in our lives.

The kids had a lovely time and the adults roasted tons and tons of hotdogs and marshmellows for little mouths. Ok, who am I kidding, the marshmellows were all for me. I can't believe she is 5 years old. So much has happened in the last 5 years and it seems so long, yet not long enough.

No comments: