Friday, April 28, 2006

The Songs in My Head

Most of you know I love a good pop song, but I've found myself listening to Christian music more and more lately. I have also found it so refreshing that the song going through my head during the long days at work is often one which I can use to praise God. When I find myself getting a bad attitude at work I often just need to listen to the song in my head and it gives me such a complete peace. Today the song is Kutless "Strong Tower." I hope you have heard the song. If you haven't, I suggest you find it somewhere and listen. Such power in knowing that God is our shelter and we only have to turn to Him and he will provide shelter for us. I pray God will be your strong tower and your shelter from the storms life throws your way.

When I wander through the desert
And I'm longing for my home
All my dreams have gone astray
When I'm stranded in the valley
And I'm tired and all aloneIt seems like
I've lost my way

I go running to Your mountain
Where Your mercy sets me free

You are my strong tower
Shelter over me
Beautiful and mighty
Everlasting King
You are my strong tower
Fortress when I'm weak
Your name is true and holy
And Your face is all

I seekIn the middle of my darkness
In the midst of all my fear
You're my refuge and my hope
When the storm of life is raging
And the thunder's all I hear
You speak softly to my soul

No comments: