Monday, April 03, 2006

The Humor of Being Single


I was surfing the internet today and stumbled across Christian comedian Kerri Pomarolli. What caught my eye was a humerous cartoon on her webpage. As I read more about her, I learned she had recently released the following book: If I'm Waiting on God, Then What Am I Doing in a Christian Chatroom?: Confessions of a Do-It Yourself Single. I think that so many of us feel that way so often. My friends and I have had numerous conversations on this topic. One of their moms said to me yesterday it seems the girl has turned into the pursuer in the relationship these days. It is so hard to know exactly what we should do, but we need to make sure we are seeking God every step of the way. I pray that God will not allow me to be a Do-it Yourselfer, but that He will guide my steps to be completely and totally in His perfect will when the correct person is ready to seek out a relationship with me. That doesn't mean I won't be reading this book though!

Click here for some humerous comic strips.

No comments: