Monday, February 08, 2010

The Energizer Bunny, I Am Not

Recently I've had a social calendar that would rival that of a socialite. The problem is I am not a socialite. I'm a homebody. With every ounce of my being I would rather be in my own home or in the home I grew up in. I'd rather be surrounded by 2-3 close friends than a roomful of acquaintances. So do you know where all this socializing has landed me? Pure exhaustion. I feel like I've put myself out there so much lately that I don't know how much more I can give. This probably wouldn't be a problem except that between my job and wondering about the future of my job, I'm already shot from a mental perspective. So throw in physical exhaustion due to insomnia and you have one dead battery running this person.

So, do you know what I did (or should I say didn't) do: I didn't leave my house on Saturday. Not because of any real reason other than I was tired. Mentally, physically, emotionally tired. Now, should anyone read this who has spent any time with me in the past month, I don't regret a moment of it. But I did need to recharge. I needed to be able to sit on my couch, lie in my bed, and just be. I have so many decisions lying before me right now, yet I have been unable to really focus on them, on me, because I've been so busy being and doing so many other things. So, in the coming days I am going to take some time for me. Go to bed a little earlier. Try to get organized and stay organized. Enjoy what I have instead of worrying about what I have to do. And focus. Focus on the One who has it all under control. Focus on me. Focus on being the best version of me possible.

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

1 comment:

Kerri said...

*HUGS* Carrie... You'll get through all of it and a Saturday to do "nothing" is exactly what we all need sometimes.