Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Desperately Seeking Cake

This is a real conversation that took place between my friend Tammy and I today. Tammy is engaged to be married to Scott. This is important to the story.

(Phone Rings)
RandomCarrie: Hello
Tammy: Hey, do you have plans for Sunday?
RC: Yes, laundry.
T: Will you be my valentine?
RC: Um, is Scott out of town?
T: No, but I don't think he will want to go to the bridal show with me.

And that my loyal reader, is how I, the consummate single person who is not a fan of Valentine's Day even when in a relationship, have ended up with plans to go to a bridal show on Black Sunday. (Note: it would be Black Monday if Valentine's Day was on a Monday, etc. and so forth.)

It's also important to note that Tammy called me back less than 5 minutes later. I answer the phone as follows:

Are you breaking up with me?

Nope. We're still going to the bridal show. I can only hope there will be some good cake to taste as I doubt I'll be receiving flowers and a box of chocolates.

No comments: