Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Summer of 2009 - Soundtrack

So, last summer my really good friend (whom I don't name on the blog) and I sat down and created a Summer of 2008 mixed CD. Again, all music was legally purchased from iTunes or Amazong or Target. Well, this summer she is gone but I love that CD so much I wanted to create one for this Summer. However, there is just one problem. I have listened to very little new music this year. I am a creature of habit and fell in love with a couple of CDs last year plus our amazing Summer of 2008 mix and so I am stuck. This, folks, is what I have to contribute to a Summer's worth of listening:

1. Party in the U.S.A. - Miley Cyrus
2. Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
3. Battlefield - Jordin Sparks
4. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
5. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
6. I Do Not Hook Up - Kelly Clarkson
7. If It Kills Me - Jason Mraz

Seriously. Now if this were for just me, I'd probably throw in some Zac Brown Band or Sugarland, but I plan on this being what she and I would have made had she been here. And she was the one who listened to the music. So without her, I don't listen to new music. In all fairness, I drive 10 minutes to work (it would take only 5 but there are stinking red lights ever .2 miles) so I listen to talk to work (because they never play music.) Then when I am at work I listen to my trusty Pandora stations (and if you aren't using Pandora shame on you!) So, it will be a sad little soundtrack for this Summer. Maybe I'll try harder next year.

No comments: