Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Bucket List

People often talk about the things they want to do before they die. Me, not so much. My list is probably very small because I honestly just like to be around the ones I love. However, it has come to my attention lately that there are two things I really want to do. I will do them even if I have to do them by myself. However, I hope I can find a friend kindred spririt to go along for the adventure.

1) Boston Pops 4th of July - This is the part of my blog where you learn I am nothing if not a big, huge dork. I have been known to skip other 4th of July firework events to stay home and watch this. The coverage was better before CBS took it over, but I still watch it. This year via DVR, but it was still watched. This should happen for many years so I have quite the window of opportunity to make it to Boston to see it.

2) Space Shuttle Launch - I'm not sure if it started in the 1st grade when we all watched the Challenger launch and subsequently explode or if it was in 3rd grade when my excellerated class studied space and I learned "My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pickels" to keep the order of the planets in my mind or if it was the trips in both 3rd and 5th grade to Huntsville, AL, to the Space and Rocket Center that started my fascination with space. But the fascination is there. I even went to Kennedy Space Center by myself prior to a Disney vacation because I wasa in Florida and I love it. I missed the shuttle launch by mere days that trip. However, the shuttle program is in all probability coming to a close in 2010. So my timeline for getting to Kennedy (or at least near Kennedy) to see this happen is very short. So to my boss (wherever I may be working at that time) please keep my calendar open and be flexible because my goal is to be at one of the few shuttle launches left. It may mean I have to work remotely for a couple of weeks because the weather can change these things up a bit, but I really want to try and accomplish this goal.

So there you have it. My life list. Don't be jealous.

P.S. Yes, I know the powers that be now say that Pluto is not a planet but saying "My very eager mother just served us nine" is weird. So there.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Love this list! If you're a dork we both are! :-)

Adam said...

That's really funny...I was just working on my bucket list at the end of last week. I've had a list of things I want to do, but didn't write it down until a couple of days ago. The shuttle is on my list too - gotta get down there to see it.