Thursday, June 04, 2009

Work Week Redo

As someone who lives 15 minutes from 3 different beaches I would like to protest the Monday - Friday work week.

According to the clip above from the weather channel, it is going to rain Friday and Saturday. Yes, I work Friday, but Friday after work it is nice to go eat on the coast and sit OUTSIDE! That is not possible when it is raining. And Saturday: my yard needs help. My garage needs to be cleaned. Both of those require me being to be out in the open. (Stuff from the garage needs to sit outside of the garage while it is cleaned/organized.) And Sunday? After church it is beach time. Seriously. So I am proposing that I start working a Friday - Tuesday work week and taking Wednesday and Thursday off. Now I realize that in the above graphic there is an 80% chance of rain on Thursday. I'd like to clarify that it is a 100% chance because my straight hair is now curly. However, my job requires that I be at work on Tuesday in order for people to get paid. So, I'll take one pretty day (yesterday was GORGEOUS) and one rainy day to get errands done. So, in the next election I am voting for the president who either grans 4 day work weeks or grants the new and improved Friday - Tuesday work week.

No comments: