Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Maybe Baby Isn't Going to Cut It

Dear Facebook,

I have a love/hate relationship with you. It's nice that you keep me in touch with my friends from near and far, young and old, but you always like to change. However, I don't want to dwell on that now. Today I'd like to focus on your "Event" feature. I created an event because some friends wanted to have a cookout monthly. The idea is that the meat would be provided (burgers and hot dogs) and then everyone else would bring sides, desserts, and drinks. So, the event was created. However, dear Facebook, you allow people to say "Maybe" when they RSVP. Well, it's going to be a rude awakening to those who said "maybe" when they show up at my par-tay and I "maybe" don't have enough food to feed them. Nothing like fair-weather party people who say "maybe" so they can figure out if a better offer will come their way. So, I'd like to recommend that Facebook make people either commit to a yes/no for RSVPing. If you're a maybe, commit to yes and write on the wall. Then change your RSVP when you know for sure. That way you will get fed. If not, then "maybe" you will be out of luck.

Your friend (maybe,)

RandomCarrie

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I hate it when people say "maybe" to things anyway....either you're coming or you aren't!