Saturday, April 04, 2009

By Popular Demand

What's that? You didn't demand anything? Oh well. Keep reading and you'll wish you had. Or not. Who knows. But it's time for the big reveal. I have custom made curtains hanging in my "awkward nook that really doesn't have a name between the entry and the living room across from the kitchen." Whew!



Above is the awkward shot of the before. Sorry it's not clean but I don't roll that way. If you want clean you'll need to go visit a museum. Not the home of someone who works for a living. Thanks for being such undestanding blog readers and friends.

First I hung a curtain rod. Brilliant, I know, but that's just how I roll.



Note: It was daylight when I started, but it's now dark. This was obviously done a few days weeks ago before the beloved springing forward of my clock.
Tada! Curtains are occupying their appropriate place on my wall.




Below is the pattern. The khakis match my couch and the reds to with my accent pillows.

And speaking of accent pillows, I have two lovely ones in the matching fabric. Don't you just love how the pillow displayed itself so well in my Hollywood chair? (There's a story there for another post.)

Thanks for taking a tour of the transformation of "awkward nook that really doesn't have a name between the entry and the living room across from the kitchen." Eventually I hope to have a bench under the window to sit upon and tie my shoes/store awkward things/give the space a purpose.

1 comment:

Shanle said...

Hilarious! But the curtains look really good! I'm proud of you.