Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Desires of Her Heart

Desires of Her Heart by Lyn Cote really tugged at my heart for the story and for society of then and of now.  This is the story of Dorritt and her family as they travel from their home in Louisiana to Stephen Austin's settlement in the Texas area.  On the trip Dorritt befriends Quinn, a frontier scout who is half-Indian, half-Anglo-Saxon.  Dorritt's stepfather quickly disapproves of their friendship, but soon realizes without Quinn they will never make it safely to Austin's settlement.  Will Dorritt continue to trust God to lead her and her family on their journey?  Will Quinn trust God not to let Him down and give him a future he is worthy of?  

I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  I like the style in which Lyn writes and look forward to reading more books by her.  I really felt drawn into her characters and my heart ached and rejoiced right along with them.  I would encourage you to pick up this book and read it for yourself.  It gives a different perspective to the wagon train lifestyle and makes you really think how we treat those who are different than us, even when we can learn so much from them.

To order a copy of the book for yourself, click here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jesse and Leslie said...

I wish I could read more!!! These look so great!

Stormi said...

Hey Carrie,

This one looks like a great book too! Man my TBR pile is sooo piling up on me..lol. I have three books going at a time and more arrive every day..ugh.. day in the life of a book reviewer (hmm that would make a good blog..hehe)

Stormi :)
http://writesthoughts.blogspot.com