Saturday, February 07, 2009

Cinematic

If you know me you know that I am not a frequent visitor of the local cinema. I mean seriously, $9.50 is quite a bit to drop on a movie. Especially since it'll sell for $9.99 when it comes out on DVD at the local Tar-jay. However, the last two weekends I have felt the need to go see an actual movie at the theater. (Oh, and I won't even tell you how it angers me that matinees stop at the 2:00 showing...you have to pay full price for anything later than that!) But anywho...

Last weekend my friend Liz and I ventured out to see New In Town. Super cute movie. I'm a big fan of Harry Connick Jr. In my opinion this movie is up there with Sweet Home Alabama, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and any other chick flick I will watch repeatedly either on DVD or every.single.time it is on TV. I'll tolerate the commercials to watch these movies.

This weekend I went with a couple of ladies from work to see He's Just Not That Into You. A few years ago, Arynda, Kelli O, and I had gone to Memphis and Betsy lent us the book to read on the way home. I don't think I have ever laughed so much with a group of girls as we laughed reading that book. There are so many truths in it of how girls behave and tell themselves what a guy thinks when we know deep down it isn't true. This movie had several things in it which were not of my beliefs (affairs, cohabitation) but the truths of how men and women believe were evident. The book is a must read if you are single or have single girlfriends as it is the truth.

I will probably eventually add each of these to my collection. Definitely New in Town and probably He's Just Not That Into You (even if it is only to point out to my girlfriends a specific situations which they are overthinking.)

Oh, and if you're one of those people who watch a movie and pay attention to the music in hopes of a great soundtrack, New In Town had very little music, but HJNTIY had some great music. I found myself singing along (in my head to save the ears of those around me) to several songs.

2 comments:

Stormi said...

The rise in movie tickets is the reason I don't get to go as often as I would like too(and the reason that pirated movies online are increasing) I watch Inkheart this weekend and I was sort of dissapointed with it after having read the book. I still think it is a great family movie and I am sure kids would love it.

I want to see New in Town, it does look funny.

Kerri said...

Movies are ridiculously expensive... but I might have to check out "New In Town" anyways. Love Harry Connick Jr. and the movie looks cute! Thanks for the recommendation. I definitely want to check out the other one too but I may wait for the DVD or the $1 movie.