Monday, March 26, 2007

Some Light-Hearted Fun

What a weekend! Friday night I was blessed with a fun game of tennis with my dear friends A & P. I kicked their butts of course...oh wait, that was in tennis dancing, not in actually playing a game. Oh well. I look forward to many more fun games with them this summer. It is so nice already having such great weather and being able to be outside and enjoying it in such great company. On Saturday I traveled home where my niece was beside herself with excitement that I was coming to see her. It's nice to know that someone gets so excited just because you are coming to visit. That evening we celebrated my Papaw's 86 birthday. His actual birthday was Sunday, but when you're that old you are just happy to know that people remember at all! He enjoyed the company and even got to eat steak, though there was no filet mignon for him. My chocolate chip cookies were a hit though and he kept them all for himself. He is not much for sharing his desserts! Last night my friends R, B, and C came over for dinner. B is moving this week so it was a goodbye supper for him. We ended up cranking up the karaoke using On-Demand (thank you Comcast!) and having a great time. I honestly can't remember when I have laughed that hard. So, it was a great weekend with great memories. God is so good to bless us with great friends and weather.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sounds like you had a great time!! I love that your granddad kept the cookie for himself! lol!! That's a hoot!!