Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Why the Internet Drives Me Crazy (Part 2)

For Part 1 you can read this post.  Again, my blog, my views, my right to rant.

Here's the deal.  I don't like people.  I mean, I do like people, but having to interact with people when I can do something online just seems stupid.  Case in point: all the national pizza places have apps.  Guess which app gets used the 3rd most on my phone?  Yep, you got it.  Why make a phone call when I can do it all on my phone and not have to a) listen to horrible music, b) be greeted with a "thank you for calling XYZ pizza, can you hold {click}" (um, maybe I can't?), and c) I don't have to repeat my order, make sure they got it right, blah,blah, blah, because I type it in and I get an email verifying what I have ordered.  Makes sense to me.

So, here's my current pet peeve.  I'm researching the best way to move me and my belongings across this great country we live in.  Movers,  booked.  Car moving.... I want to scream!  I have submitted my information through several services on the WWW and guess what?  They required me to give them my phone number.  And now they WILL NOT LEAVE ME ALONE.  Guess what!?!?!  This is why I don't like people.  This is why I could never be in sales.  You don't want my product.  Ok.  Someone else will.  That is my philosophy.  So companies, if you want me to do business with you, the reason I used the internet and not a phone is because I don't want to talk to you until we need to work out the nuts and bolts of this move.  So please, for the love of all that is good in this world, leave me alone.  I told you yesterday, I told you today, and I'll tell you again tomorrow.  When I'm ready to talk to you, you'll know it.


No comments: