Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dear Emily Post, I Apologize for Technology

Etiquette. It's not just for people raised in the South. It's for everyone. And it exists to differentiate us from college fraternities. So, when the following happens it riles me up.

Roommate: Did you get the invite to B's shower?
Me: Huh?
Roommate: On Facebook
Me: Haven't checked.

So I log on and check and sure enough B has sent out an invite to her own baby shower. Now, based on the wording I am thinking she is just needed people's addresses. However, there is a proper way to go about this and a Facebook event is not the proper way.

Now, that being said, if the person throwing the shower (who should NOT be the bride or mother-to-be) decides to save paper and go with evites, I am totally ok with that. But receiving it from the Bride or Mother-to-Be is just wrong.

Here are my other two major pet peeves when it comes to etiquette.

1. Invitations are to be addressed by hand. Getting an invitation in the mail that has been sent through a printer is wrong. Even worse, when it's peel and stick labels.
2. White before Easter or after Labor Day. No way, Jose. I love Heidi Klum, but this is one rule that should not be broken either.

So, if any of the above apply to you then I will make fun and talk about you behind your back. I'm sorry, but it's just what I do. Except that is probably bad etiquette as well....

No comments: