Wednesday, October 07, 2009

The One Where I Turn In My Social Calendar

I love TV. I love dramas and comedies. I love TV so much that the fall premiere schedule is hanging on the wall in my office (only one show left to premiere!) However, I have been home for exactly 2 of the premieres. Seriously. They are all being watched on my DVR. I am sad. I love to watch the show as it comes on. Well, actually about 7 minutes in so I can fast forward through the commercials. So how is it that every episode of NCIS, How I Met Your Mother, Gossip Girl, etc. have been watched days later. Seriously. I don't need a social life in the Fall. I need TV. Yes, it's probably a sickness, but it's me. And the sad thing is, I watch less TV now than I used to.

I now present to you my schedule. If you'd like to hang out, please plan our outing around these times. I'm booked.

Sunday - Desperate Housewives (9:00 - 10:00)

Monday
  • How I Met Your Mother (8:00 - 8:30)
  • One Tree Hill (8:00 - 9:00)
  • Gossip Girl (9:00 - 10:00)
  • House may or may not be watched later online. I can only record two shows on my DVR at a time and so HIMYM and OTH trump this.
Tuesday
  • NCIS (8:00 - 9:00)
  • I have not watched the first episode of NCIS LA and I don't plan too. (Mrs. Newlywed said it wasn't good and she loves NCIS more than I do.)
Wednesday - I record Glee, but that's just to watch the musical numbers. The acting and storylines are horrible.

Thursday
  • Grey's Anatomy (9:00 - 10:00)
  • Private Practice (10:00 - 11:00)
Friday - Ugly Betty (starts next Friday so you still have a week of my time.)

Disclaimer #1: I know this seems like a lot of TV, but it could be more.
Disclaimer #2: I do not watch reality shows with the exception of So You Think You Can Dance and I'm not exactly sure I'm ready to invest in a new season of this yet, so I may skip this season.
Disclaimer #3: I will add Friday Night Lights and LOST to this list after Christmas when they premiere.
Disclaimer #4: I fully expect 2-4 of these shows to end after this season and I will not be replacing them with new shows in an attempt to cut back my TV viewing.

No comments: