Sunday, October 25, 2009

10 Positive Things

This past week was a pain in the behind for me, in more ways that one. I worked more hours than I have worked in a long time (meaning late nights AND early mornings.) I have a major decision to make surrounding one of my dogs. So, in an effort to try and cheer myself up for tomorrow, here are 10 things I am thankful for or were positives of my past week.

1) Jesus loves me this I know. Can I get an "Amen?"

2) I got to have dinner with a good friend on Monday night whom I used to see several times a week. She is now at a different job, so we have to plan dates. We ate at The Mustard Seed. I had the Pad Thai. Not the best Pad Thai I have ever eaten, but it was good. My friend had the sesame chicken and I would definitely get that in the future. I think many of their entrees look good though.

3) I only worked 8 hours on Wednesday.

4) I got to veg out at my house Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday night with no plans. I may have been working on my couch, but I was still on my couch.

5) I saw the new Chris Rock documentary "Good Hair" on Saturday. Oh. My. Word. Let me just say. White women, if your husband complains about the amount of money you spend on your hair or on hair products, make him watch this and he'll be thankful. Black women, I commend you for being able to sit in a chair for that long to have a weave put in your hair. The part of the movie that really got to me were the women in India who sacrifice their hair to the gods in an effort to receive blessings. If they only knew that wasn't necessary, the Christ did the sacrificing for us and we only have to receive Him to be blessed.

6) Shopping. I'm headed out to a colder lands this week and my wardrobe for Charleston will not be effective where I am headed. More "D"etails on this later this week.

7) I was able to talk to my friend who just moved for a bit on Facebook. I am so thankful we have the technology we have so we can keep in touch with those who mean so much to us.

8) Sweet potato friends made from sweet potatoes I dug with my own hands. YUM!

9) My roommate offering to take me to the airport at 5 AM this week. And for skipping big church to stay home with me because I was having my 40th mental breakdown of the week. I repaid the favor by helping her with the 5 year olds. I now know a magic trick. True story.

10) The promises that tomorrow is a new day. Praise Jesus!

No comments: