Monday, November 19, 2007

Pumas and Bison and Bears Oh My!

Two weeks ago my parents came down to visit and bring my Murphy. I was so excited to be reunited with my dog as he provides great company seeing as how he is only 1 of 2 people I know in this city. Imagine my surprise when they arrived and Doodlebug was with them! It was such a great surprise. The second day we were here we went to Charles Towne Landing. This park is where the English settlers landed in 1670 and established their colony. One of the neat parts of this park is they have a natural habitat zoo. This showcases the animals that would have been native to this area in 1670. So, here they are.




It was quite exciting to see all of these animals. There were also otters (which I could not get a good picture of) and Doodlebug deemed them her favorite. We would not buy her a stuff otter in the gift shop (I know, we're horrible) so mom said all she did on the way home (5+ hours) was tell them how much otters are her favorite animals. She's a smart one all right.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Neat! I'm thinking that would be a nice field trip for us when we are studying that time in history...anything to take a road trip!lol!

Glad you got to spend some time with your family!

Jenny-up the hill
Up the Hill Gang