Monday, December 18, 2006

Seasons of Love

One of my favorite songs is "Seasons of Love" from the musical RENT. The lyrics read:

525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear.
525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?

When you read the number 525,600 it seems so large, yet living this time it seems to go by so fast. So many things happen over the course of all these minutes. I pray as you reflect back over the minutes of the past year that you will see how far you have come and how much you have grown. I pray God has opened doors for you in ways you never imagined. I pray that you have a testimony to share of how He has grown you this year. And mostly, I pray that in the next 525,600 minutes that you will continue to seek Him and grow in ways you can't imagine. I pray you will make the adjustments that He asks so that you can go with Him into His perfect will for your life. This is also my prayer for myself. That He will have complete control and that when He opens doors and shows me the way He wants me to go, that I will be willing to make the adjustments needed in my life to go.

No comments: