Thursday, June 20, 2013

When Technology Makes the Connections Real

Growing up I lived on the same 20 acre plot of land from birth through HS graduation.  My parents still live there.  My sister, she grew up and well, built a house on the original corner of that plot we first lived on.  Me, I always wanted to move.  I wanted to have adventure, see the world.  I moved out when I went to college, came home one Summer and babysat, and that was it.  I was on my own.  I've lived in bug infested apartments, condos with amazing landlords, owned two houses, and followed my love from one coast to the other.  But I've left one thing behind in every move: dear friends.  And as I get older the more I realize just how dear those friendships are to me.  This week has been a constant reminder of those whom my heart adores on that other coast.  I've been reminded that though 3,000 miles separate us physically, part of my heart is still with these people.  I love that technology allows random phone calls from Autumn, chats with Davida, read Annette's blog, send text messages of laughter and encouragement, and cry and laugh and rejoice with each of them (and more!) in their seasons.  And though I may not be as connected to as many people because I don't embrace Facebook, I do know that the connections I have with my friends are intentional and meaningful.  And that is really what it's all about.  

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I miss our l2l sessions and of course going out for Mexican with you! Danna, myself and Stacey Anderson took Annette out for Mexican for her birthday a few weeks ago. It would have been a blast if you were there with us!:)