Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thunder in the Morning Calm - A New Favorite Author!!!!

If you know me in real life you know there are certain authors who could write the classifieds and I would buy it.  Dee Henderson, Terri Blackstock, Nicholas Sparks.  I have a feeling Don Brown is going to be joining this list.  I could not put this book down.  I wanted to know what the next page held, what the next chapter would reveal.


The book is centralized around Lieutenant Commander 'Gunner' McCormick, an intelligence officer who changes careers as often as some of us change hairstyles.  In a top secret trip to Washington, D.C., he learns through classified materials that there may still be American POWs alive in North Korea.  Knowing his grandfather was captured and his body never recovered leads Gunner to put together a team or rogue, retired military people and venture into the unknown to see if the possibility of finding a missing piece of his heritage is possible.

Told from the perspective of 'Gunner', his mother, the aging, American POWs, and the North Koreans who hold them captive, seeing the story come together and wondering which piece will be uncovered next kept me entertained form start to finish.  I highly recommend you pick up this book and join the journey.  

If you'd like to buy this book (which you should) the link is:

No comments: