Thursday, April 07, 2011

Best. Date. Ever.

The Thunderbirds are in town this week and are spending their afternoons rehearsing for the air show this weekend.  I am less than 5 miles from the Air Force Base (the way the "Thunderbird" flies...heehee) so I have a nice viewing each day of there practices.

Seeing them reminds me of the best date I ever went on.  It was the Summer before my senior year of high school and my boyfriend at the time was going to an air show in the Tri-Cities area with his sister and brother-in-law.  They told him I could come and so I went, not knowing what to expect.  I LOVED IT!  There is just something about watching airplanes flying at fast speeds, in close proximity to one another in the coolest formations that just makes me happy.  That was 15 years, 4 boyfriends, and several dates ago and still ranks as the best one ever.

I don't have any pictures from that day, but the memories are still with me.  Down to the Pizza Inn we ate when it was all over.  You didn't really think I'd be so focused on the date that I would forget the food did you?

No comments: