Friday, November 14, 2008

Sweet Doodlebug

I called my parents tonight and Doodlebug was still at their house. Mom asked if she wanted to talk to me and she said "No, thank you," which is super-sweet, but I told mom that I wanted to ask Doodlebug what she wanted for Christmas. She then took the phone from mom and this is the conversation that took place:

Carrie: Hey Doodlebug! How are you?

Doodlebug: I'm good. How are you?

C: Good. What do you want for Christmas this year?

D: Hugs and Kisses from you.

C: That is so sweet! I can give you bunches of those.

D: Thousands. I want thousands of hugs and kisses from you.

D: Bye.

I love my niece. I love her child-like innocence and how she still sees the good in the tangible things we can give to each other without spending a dime. It doesn't mean she won't be getting one of these though. It will be a total surprise for her.

No comments: