Thursday, March 27, 2008

1 - 82 Queen

Umm, Umm, Good. And that's really all you need to know. Because I love you, I'll tell you more.

The backstory. In K-town I have a friend named Toby. Prior to one of my vacations to the low-country he told me I should try 82 Queen. However, my friends are cheap. I love them, but they won't shell out the cash for a meal like this. So I didn't go. Oh well (or so I thought.) Then I moved down here and I heard my co-workers raving about said restaurant. I checked out the menu and thought to myself, "I'd like to try it one of these days." And in December I got my chance.

My team had our year-end party (that is PC for Christmas Party) at 82 Queen. And I fell in love. Not lust for I did not want this meal to end. It was a head over heels type of love. And this love lasted much longer than this relationship. Never in my life have I felt the need to take a bite of food and savor it in my mouth for as long as I did here. What fabulous fare did I dine upon you ask? I had the Grilled Pesto Encrusted Grouper. A finer fish has never passed my lips as did this grouper. I wanted to describe the food the way the judges do on Iron Chef America when they have been given a fabulous dish from the chefs. It was that good. Seriously. And did I mention it came with fried green tomatoes and grits? Well, it did. And they were delish. Ous. Perfect in fact. A finer grit has never passed my lips.

So, had I known what I was missing when I came with my frugal friends I would have left them to dine at a less than perfect restaurant and had a meal by myself. It would have been worth every penny and moment without them. Well, maybe not because I love my moments with my friends. But the food would be good.

P.S. There was pie. Key lime pie. Oh so very good. You should come visit and try it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving book/author suggestions. I really appreciate it!