Friday, August 10, 2007

It's Finally Friday

Well, another week has come and gone. It's been a fun one too! The McAmis boys and I made it to Atlanta and saw most of the game. Because we were driving back that night we made a deal that if either team was up by 5 or more runs by the end of the 7th inning we would leave. The Hot-lanta Braves were up 6-0 at the end of the 7th so we headed home. They won 6-4. If they had lost, I would have been ever-so-stinking mad that we left early and I wasn't there to lend them my support, but they won so I am ok with the decision. Mercy Me sang the national anthem so it was really nice. We had to scalp tickets and ended up being able to sit behind 1st base about 37 rows up (or something like that.) Quite the nice view.

Sunday provided a nice blessing of a steak lunch at my best friend A's house. I have adopted her family as my place to eat for Sunday lunch. Her sister had found steaks on sale that week so I was blessed with an a amazing lunch (including some DEE-LI-CIOUS hash brown casserole.) The remainder of the day proved not to be as restful as I had hoped because I had to go granny-sit. My mom had to take my Papaw and two great-aunts to the funeral home so I got to granny-sit. Lucky for me she was in a really good mood that day. And I got to see Cousin J's pictures from Austria. So it was a nice day of family, friends, and food. A girl can't complain!

Monday I went with my boss and her three kids to Dollywood's Splash Country. I was just expecting to stay with the youngest in the kiddie area most of the day. However, as he and I roamed the park (because it would be too much to ask that they keep all kiddie things in one area) we discovered he isn't so little anymore. He's actually tall enough to go down some of the slides. So, life jacket in hand, off we went. Raging River Rapids is his choice of rides. The lines moved at a pretty good rate and the closer we got the more excited he got. Now, not having any children of my own I never dreamed I would be so nervous. I mean, what if we get to the top, get on the float, and he hates it. I would have single-handedly felt responsible for hit life-long hatred of water slides. Well, we got in the raft with a lovely mother and her daughter who were in line behind us....and down we went. I watched him like a hawk as he sat expressionless in the float. My mind is going a million miles an hour. "He's hating it." "He hate me." "He is going to have a phobia of all things water related." And the ride ends. He is still expressionless. "I'm going to have to carry him out of this pool kicking and screaming. Then find his mother and explain to her what I have done to her son. He's still emotionless. I have never seen such a blank look on someones face. The screaming is about to start. I just know it. We get out of the raft and are heading up the stairs. HIS FACE LIGHTS UP!!!! "I want to do it again...let's do it again!!!!!!" YEAH! I didn't scar him for life. Thank you Lord! It turns out his mom, sis, and bro saw us in line so they watched part of the ride down. The rest of the day we stayed together and rode more rides like this. It was such a privilege to be with him when he experienced his first water slide. Yet, I do believe I lost 3-4 years off of my life in the process!

There were some tennis games this week and I got to play Wii with some good friends on Tuesday night. The rest of the week has been pretty low-key (thankfully!) Tonight I'm off to see the Bourne Ultimatum. I'll blog on this next week. Have a great weekend and give your family lots of hugs!!!!

No comments: