Monday, May 21, 2007

The Random Events of My So-Call Life

Well, it's been an exciting couple of weeks around here. It may not read so on this blog, but it has been fun. Mom and Dad F came into town for J's graduation. It was so exciting to see her graduate with her master's. Now she, like I, has to find a job. It's not fun, but God will provide for both of us. She had an interview last Wednesday with a company she worked for last summer so hopefully that will turn into something for her.

Cousin J left for her summer of study across the pond. She will be in Austria until mid-June studying music history and the history of Austria. I am so excited for her as she takes this journey. She will be creating memories that will never leave her.

I was able to spend this weekend at home with good friends and family. My bff from high school and I had a yard sale on Saturday. I never make a ton of money because I don't have good junk, but the time she and I get to spend together is priceless. She is having baby #2 this summer and so we won't be able to do much more together for a few months as she adjusts to have 2 little ones to care for. Her oldest, a daughter, is becoming one of my favorite little ones. She has such a sweet smile and is at the state of life where she will repeat anything you say. She has also taken to calling her dad "honey" which is the cutest thing I've ever seen. After the yard sale I went to Mom and Dad's to spend the night. They replaced their cedar shake roof with a red tin roof. It looks awesome! I can't wait to go home and spend the night sleeping under the tin when there is a nice steady rain. Or sitting on the front porch swing as it rains. I'll have to take a nap in that swing for sure! The doodlebug came up and we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows on Sat night then she came back up on Sunday after church to help us gather the cedar shakes and tie them into bundles for kindling. She wasn't allowed near the piles for fear she would step on a nail, so we had to put nails and certain boards where she could pick them up and contribute. It is always such a pleasure to be around her. Dad and I keep picking her up and carrying her around even though her mom and nana say not to because she can walk, but we will only be able to hold her for a few more years and so we are taking advantage of it while we can. She is really loving, and gives the best hugs. I can't imagine our lives without her.

Well, this week is the season finale of LOST so they better make it good. I'm leaving this weekend for a short trip to Charleston. It will be a lot of driving, but worth the two days away from home. It's always nice to get away for a few days and just renew yourself. Be praying for safety as we drive down on Saturday and home on Tuesday.

No comments: