- I like doing laundry. I find it therapeutic.
- This may be due to the fact that I do laundry for a family of 1.
- It also feeds my OCD tendencies because shirts have to be folded a certain way to go in the drawer right, underwear must be folded a certain way to fit in the drawer organizer next to the socks so everything stays in its rightful place.
- Towels are my favorites. I once reorganized my boss' linen closet because I couldn't find a washcloth when keeping her kids and since I find folding towels therapeutic I pulled everything out, refolded it, and put it back in. There was a nice stack of washcloths when I was done.
- Nothing was where I put it by the next week. Oh well.
- If people dropped their laundry off at my house, I'd do it for them. Just know that I will fold it my way and not your way.
- In college I did my boyfriend's laundry for him because he dropped it off at my house so it would be there when he got out of class. He was not happy I did his laundry for him. He was an ID10T. Yes, Whit, if you're reading this, you know this guy. And you can confirm this statement for me.
- I will iron if necessary. But if there is a lot of ironing, I'm going to need to have a movie playing to entertain me while I perform this chore.
- I use free of perfume/dyes laundry detergent because I've had reactions in the past. Plus I feel like this doesn't fade my clothes as fast.
- I've considered making my own detergent, but haven't gone that far yet. Since my stash is getting low that may be my next step. Anyone done this? Have tips or a recipe they really like?
- I bleach whites. I only use Clorox for this. The generic bleach just doesn't get it as white. I tried it. I didn't like it.
Tuesday, March 01, 2011
Randomness by Carrie at 10:30 AM