Tuesday, March 01, 2011

A Laundry List


  1. I like doing laundry.  I find it therapeutic.
  2. This may be due to the fact that I do laundry for a family of 1.
  3. It also feeds my OCD tendencies because shirts have to be folded a certain way to go in the drawer right, underwear must be folded a certain way to fit in the drawer organizer next to the socks so everything stays in its rightful place.
  4. Towels are my favorites.  I once reorganized my boss' linen closet because I couldn't find a washcloth when keeping her kids and since I find folding towels therapeutic I pulled everything out, refolded it, and put it back in.  There was a nice stack of washcloths when I was done.
  5. Nothing was where I put it by the next week.  Oh well.  
  6. If people dropped their laundry off at my house, I'd do it for them.  Just  know that I will fold it my way and not your way.  
  7. In college I did my boyfriend's laundry for him because he dropped it off at my house so it would be there when he got out of class.  He was not happy I did his laundry for him.  He was an ID10T.  Yes, Whit, if you're reading this, you know this guy.  And you can confirm this statement for me.  
  8. I will iron if necessary.  But if there is a lot of ironing, I'm going to need to have a movie playing to entertain me while I perform this chore.
  9. I use free of perfume/dyes laundry detergent because I've had reactions in the past.  Plus I feel like this doesn't fade my clothes as fast.
  10. I've considered making my own detergent, but haven't gone that far yet.  Since my stash is getting low that may be my next step.  Anyone done this?  Have tips or a recipe they really like?
  11. I bleach whites.  I only use Clorox for this.  The generic bleach just doesn't get it as white.  I tried it.  I didn't like it.  

1 comment:

Everything Homemade said...

i have a recipe for clothes detergent!!! i have wanted to make my own too and my sister in law took the plunge and tested it out for us. i will have to email you the recipe, she said it was great and it passed her mom's test too!