Tuesday, June 26, 2007

From the Mouth of Babes

My niece, Doodlebug, is 4 1/2 years old and thinks she knows it all. Here are two of her recent antics.

1) She asked my mom what the dinosaurs looked like while they were alive. Apparently she thinks my mom is old enough to have seen them.

2) She also believes that she, myself, and my aunt (that would be 3 generations) are sisters. Not sure where that came from, but I thought it was funny.

Don't you wish you could see the world through a child's eyes. That's all God asks us. To have the faith of children. Doodlebug believes my mom saw the dinosaurs and that she can be sisters with someone twice her mother's age. But so often we try to make our faith so much more complex. Yet, the very center of it, is childlike belief. Yes, we have to grow in our faith and become stronger Christians and more Christ-like as we continue our walk with Him, yet the core of everything we believe comes from having that awe-inspiring child-like ability to look at Him and see Him for the glorious Prince of Peace that He is.

No comments: